Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Merry Christmas

The past few weeks have gone by in a blur. I have absolutely no knitting news to show or report really. I finished my sweater but have not assembled it. I did make a scarf for a gift and I am still working on a pair of socks for a dear friend. She will get them after Christmas. I had a little relapse last week and had to be in bed for 2 days but with pain meds, advil, and the heating pad I was good to go by Friday. I didn't feel like knitting those days and just kind of slept. I have finished all my shopping, mailed the gifts that needed to be sent off, and I have wrapped almost everything. I have a few things left to do. The biggest thing is Christmas cards. I usually have those done early December but not this year. I did have a Christmas cookie exchange on Sunday that was a huge success. I have been to several in the past but never hosted my own and all my guest were first timers. It was so much fun and nobody brought the same cookie as anyone else. I had 14 guests and we all walked away with tons and tons of cookies! I was elected to host this event every year. I would love to and hope the participant list grows! I made lots of appetizers to snack on so that we wouldn't eat the cookies. My oldest son is taking finals this week. I've helped him go over some of the reviews. Let me just say this, I am so glad I am past all that! If I wasn't holding the review with the answers he'd have me figured out. My youngest son has a Christmas party on Thursday and then we officially start our Christmas holidays. My oldest son is going skiing with our church youth group the day after Christmas in Colorado. I'm sure it is more winter like weather there than we have been having here. We did have a week of cold weather and then it turned to summer again. Sorry for the no knitting news but I am slowly getting the socks done.

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

It sounds like you've been really busy. I don't think you should over do it and end up in bed again. Merry Christmas.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I just LOVE the cookie exchanges! Merry Christmas - and don't over do it - be kind to your back! (easier said than done, right?!)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Merry Christmas!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Cherice said...

Remember to take care of yourself! Every year I go to a cookie exchange that is also an ornament exchange, such fun!

My son loved the scarf and asked how I managed to knit it without him finding out (late at night, in bed after I should have been asleep is how I did it!) Crested Butte is one of my favorite places to visit. We've gone in the summer and in the winter (well, spring). I don't know how much snow they've gotten up there, but we're expecting yet more (a lot more) tomorrow. Oy!!

I've still got a couple of cards to send out. I'm later than usual in part because we had no mail delivery for 3 days and the post office is still having problems I think with the snow! Merry couple of days after Christmas!

8:09 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Hi Stephanie,

The French Girl cardigan pattern that you've been waiting on arrived today. Yippee!! Would you like me to send you one still?

Also, now that I have the pattern, we can make sure you have enough of that pretty blue Big Wool. I still have a little bit of that dye lot left if you need more. What is your bust size, and how much did you buy?

Amy

3:01 PM  
Blogger Juliet said...

I've never heard of a cookie exchange but it sounds a brilliant idea. I had great plans for knitting loads but have done hardly any - must be something to do with the time of year as all I have done is a little - mostly I have sat and looked at it! Hope you have a wonderful New Year/Happy Hogmanay and that 2007 will be pain free and knit prosperous!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Cherice said...

Glad to know you're still here too. I've thought about you, but haven't been visiting blogs very much or often lately. Thanks for the thoughts on my father in law. I'm hoping that he gets better too, I know that he'd like to be with my mother in law....

4:17 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Where ARE YOU??? Are you going to the DFW Fiber Festival?

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home