Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Too Much Knitting?

NOT! However, I am a little excited to go see the surgeon this morning and get an update on my condition and limitations. Hopefully, there won't be too many. I am having some intense pain behind my left knee. A pain that actually has made me scream 3 times. One time it woke me up, but not my husband. The scream must have been the same frequency as a baby crying at night. I'm wondering if I have some nerve damage. Enough about that. I am going to finish my 4th pair of socks in 2 weeks today. I have also been working on my sweater. I had to stop working on socks 2 days this week due to a blister from my sock needle. A knitting injury! I put a bandaid on the blister but thought I'd use a bigger needle and get some progress on the sweater so I can wear it soon! Two pairs of the socks are Christmas gifts for my Mother. She picked out the yarn at my LYS just before surgery. One pair was knit on size 3 dpns and the other pair was knit on size 1 dpns. My current pair are knit on size 2 and I'm using Hill Country Yarns Sweet Feet Sock Yarn in beautiful shades of purple, blue, green, browns, and gold. I really like these and I will be finished today! I think I'll finish my sweater after this pair of socks. Because I have made 8 pairs of socks in about 6 weeks. I should count how many pairs I have total. Thanks again for all the well wishes. My husband has been AMAZING during this time. He is taking care of me, getting the boys to and from school and working! We have had wonderful friends bringing in meals which has been a tremendous blessing. However, when it rains it pours. Both my husband's parents are in the hospital with unrelated illnesses and both are in serious condition. We are in Texas, they are in New York. I know he is stressed out worrying about them and taking care of us. He and my oldest son are going to NY next week Monday thru Friday so he can meet with his brothers and sister and make some plans. He was unsure about leaving me but my parents will help me out here. The upside to all of this is I get to see my sweet baby niece, Melissa. I will stay with my parents with our other 2 sons. I am so excited to see Melissa . . . oh, and my brother and sister-in-law. I am so happy to actually leave the house today! I'll post if I have any news.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I've been wondering how you've been doing! I sure hope the knee thing is fleeting!

I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's parents - when it rains, it pours? God is good though, he'll see you all through.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I hope the doctor visit goes ok and I'm amazed at how much knitting you're getting done. I can't wait to see pictures of all your finished projects.

12:45 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Four pairs of socks in two weeks? Holy cow!

Amy

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

GIRL! I'm so behind in my blog reading and am SO sorry about everything you're going through. Back surgery! Oh my gosh! Sounds like you're going like gang busters on those socks though, so good for you! What's it going to take for us to be able to see more knitting pics??? Must we beg?

I really hope you feel better soon, that your husbands family has peace during this time, and that things return to normal for you soon.

5:57 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

ooh hang in there! and your socks look gorgeous, you are clearly a convert ;)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Cherice said...

I hope that your inlaws are feeling better, it is so hard to be so far away..especially when something happens!

Hope you heal fast from your surgery (and from your knitting injury too!)

Thank you too, for your sweet comments on my blog.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home