Thursday, November 30, 2006

Socks, scooters and Melissa!

Here are the 4 pairs of socks I completed during my 2 week recovery time. I am working on another pair of socks for a Christmas gift and the new skein is "Rosie" from Yarn Pirate.
This is my brother playing very hard with David on Thanksgiving Day. My brother was exhausted at the end of this day. David was too!
This is my sweet little Melissa. I think she is just precious and I couldn't love her more if she were my own child. She is adorable if I do say so myself in the sweater and booties I made her before I knew if she was a boy or a girl. I know she is sideways but I don't know how to rotate the picture. If you know how, let me know!

I think things might be settling down a wee bit here out our house. My inlaws are hanging in there. If you are inclined, they could use prayers still. Yesterday it was 81 degrees and today it is 27 degrees. I am freezing. And yes, I did turn on the heater. I am recovering nicely and am able to ease back into life. I feel very good and have started Christmas shopping. I hope to get my decorating done this weekend. I am hosting my first ever Christmas Cookie Exchange in a couple of weeks and I think I am going to have a good turn out! I haven't decided which cookies to make yet but I have a gazillion recipes to decide from.

8 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Wow, you had an even more dramatic temp drop than us! We went from 60 to 32, but apparently it feels like 15 with windchill. Ouch!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

That Melissa is soooo cute! I'm glad you recovery is going well!!

7:12 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Melissa is just a doll!

Amy

2:49 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Adorable! I'm so glad things are going well and you're recovering nicely. Gorgeous socks, by the way.

3:04 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

what a cutie-pie! that sweater is a screaming success... just gorgeous. keep recovering :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

What a sweetie baby =)*)
It WAS cold, still is a bit, but that first day - wow.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Juliet said...

Hi, That baby is just delectable - can we all have one and she suits that green - a perfect colour for such a pretty little girl. I love all the socks - you must be so fast at knitting them. If this posts then I have finally got my blasted bloggy/thing to work again after a couple of weeks of head butting frustration

1:53 PM  
Blogger Cherice said...

Melissa is darling however you post her picture.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home