Monday, October 02, 2006

Two Weeks Later

I finally finished my neverending scarf - Interlocking Balloon Scarf. I haven't weaved in the ends or blocked it yet, but I will . . . someday. I have started a simple v-neck sweater out of Mountain Colors Twizzle - Mountain Tango - shades of green, yellow, blues, purples and yellow. I also casted on yesterday for my second "Lola" sock and that will be my first sock for Socktoberfest. I hope to get another pair done. My first "baby" was 14 yesterday. Where does the time go? He got to go on a fun trip with his Dad to St. Louis. They had attended a Mavericks' basketball game at the beginning of the year when Mark Cuban (owner of Mavs) gave everyone in the audience a free American Airline ticket to one of 4 destinations. So my husband and son went to St. Louis and saw a baseball game on Saturday and a football game yesterday. I'm telling you these guys are sports crazy - they can watch and cheer for anyone! As it turns out they stayed in the same hotel as the Detroit Lions and my son met many different players, got autographs and gave them his personal advice. He then was on a shuttle bus this morning with the NY Rangers announcer and got to talk to him about the Rangers! The Rangers are his favorite hockey team. He made it back to Fort Worth only missing one class this morning but he is on cloud 9. It was my first time away from him on his bday but we will celebrate as a family tonight. So, I'm off to New York this weekend to take my youngest son apple picking and visit my inlaws. Hopefully, I'll have some beautiful photographs. I'm wondering if the leaves are turning color at all. I'll post pictures soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Sounds like your son had a wonderful time. Talk about a great b-day present!

Amy

2:47 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow. Sounds like a fabulous trip and I hope your trip to NY is as great.

8:34 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

What a fun birthday trip! What a great dad :)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home