Friday, October 20, 2006

Sock Progress and a Contest Winner

I have made a lot of progress on my socks for this month but as usual I don't have any pictures. I finished the second sock of my Lola socks. I made a pair of basic socks with a six inch ribbing out of Claudia's Handpainted yarn. I am working on my second pair of socks (just finished the first one) out of another colorway of Claudia's. I am also working on a sweater which is going slowly. I should be farther along but life is getting in the way. I hurt my back (sitting on the floor believe it or not) mid-August. I have been going to doctors, physical therapy and taking it pretty easy since then. I had an xray early on which showed nothing but had an MRI on Wednesday after having what felt like an explosion in my back on Wednesday morning while brushing my teeth. I went down on the floor and it took an hour to get me up. Anyway, I have a 1cm bulging disc between my L5 and S1 disc. Apparently, that is significant. I have been in bed on heavy medication and see a surgeon on Monday. I don't know where this is going but my physical therapist and general practioner seem to be leaning towards surgery. I'm in denial. The medication makes me pretty groggy and I have my knitting next to me and look at it and pretend I'm knitting. I won a contest from Yarn Pirate and received my goody box today. She sent me a lovely pair of Trekking sock yarn and some chocolate (white - YUMMY!) and the cutest Pez dispenser - it's a sheep! I think it is a keychain. Again, no pictures but I'll have my husband take one for posting at a later time. I cannot wait for her personal yarn to be back in stock because I literally want about 5 colors that I'm sure I cannot live without! And on the scrapbooking front, I attended Celebrate Dallas last weekend and got 64 pages completed! So, I'm getting stuff done and maybe I'll get this third pair of socks finished before Socktoberfest is over. Take care!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh dear. Feel better. I hope the doctor visit is good.

4:06 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Ouch! Take care of yourself.

Amy

12:38 PM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

Oh Stephanie - thats sounds awful, hope they can do something really speedy and thorough to fix the poor back. Fingers totally crossed

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home